Competition and consumer affairs
We provide consultancy and act as one of Finland’s enforcement authorities for competition and consumer affairs. We promote healthy and fair competition and help to protect consumers’ rights. Our goal is to maintain consumers’ trust in the market and provide a level playing field for businesses.
Our role in the sphere of competition and consumer affairs is to
- enforce the rules on the disclosure of price information in advertisements,
- enforce the Measuring Instruments Act together with the Finnish Safety and Chemicals Agency (Tukes),
- ensure that package holiday operators who have a legal obligation to register their business do so,
- coordinate international relations with other EU countries,
- enforce competition law,
- enforce the rules on consumer credit marketing, and
- prepare competition and consumer policy reports together with the Finnish Competition and Consumer Authority.