Local government pilots on employment
In the local government pilots on employment, the duties of the TE Office are transferred by law to municipalities participating in the pilot projects. Transfer of the duties means that some jobseekers will become customers of the participating municipality, whereas others will remain customers of the TE Office. During the pilot period, TE services for jobseekers transferring to the local government pilot will be primarily provided by the municipality where the jobseeker lives.
Local government pilots on employment relate to the target employment rate in the Government Programme and to strengthening the responsibility of the municipalities in employment services. The pilot projects aim to increase the effectiveness of promoting employment by coordinating the resources, skills and services of the State and municipalities.
A total of 25 pilot areas and 118 municipalities are participating in the local government pilots, which started on 1 March 2021 and will end on 30 June 2023.
The Regional State Administrative Agency for Western and Inland Finland enforces the local government pilots on employment nationally in all pilot areas. We actively enforce the realisation of equality and the availability of services for customers. Our enforcement oversight is risk-based and in line with the enforcement plan.
We investigate complaints concerning the duties transferred to the municipalities. We can investigate whether the municipality has acted in accordance with the legislation in force. We can also make inspection visits.
What can the Regional State Administrative Agency do?
We can issue orders to rectify shortcomings and remove faults as well as discontinue the pilot project in part or in full. We can issue a warning to the municipality or to the public official responsible.
Regarding local government pilots on employment, we enforce only the activities of municipalities participating in the pilot project. Enforcement oversight of the duties of TE-Offices falls outside the mandate of the Regional State Administrative Agency.
Pilot areas and municipalities participating in the local government pilots on employment
1. Pilot in Espoo: Espoo
2. Pilot in the South Ostrobothnia area: Alavus, Isojoki, Karijoki, Kurikka, Kauhajoki, Teuva and Soini
3. Pilot in Helsinki: Helsinki
4. Pilot in the Hämeenlinna area: Hämeenlinna, Hattula, Janakkala
5. Pilot in the Joensuu area: Joensuu, Outokumpu, Liperi, Polvijärvi, Kontiolahti
6. Pilot in the Jyväskylä area: Jyväskylä, Laukaa, Muurame, Äänekoski
7. Pilot in Jämsä, Keuruu and Saarijärvi: Jämsä, Keuruu, Saarijärvi
8. Pilot in the Kainuu area: Hyrynsalmi, Kajaani, Kuhmo, Sotkamo, Suomusalmi, Paltamo, Ristijärvi
9. Pilot in the Kokkola area: Kokkola, Kannus, Perho, Kaustinen, Veteli, Halsua, Toholampi, Lestijärvi
10. Pilot in the Kuopio area: Kuopio, Iisalmi, Lapinlahti, Siilinjärvi, Sonkajärvi, Vieremä
11. Pilot in the Lahti area: Lahti, Hollola, Asikkala, Kärkölä, Orimattila
12. Pilot in the Mikkeli area: Mikkeli, Juva, Hirvensalmi, Mäntyharju, Kangasniemi, Puumala, Pertunmaa
13. Pilot in the Oulu area: Oulu, Hailuoto, Ii, Kempele, Liminka, Lumijoki, Tyrnävä, Muhos
14. Pilot in the Pirkanmaa area: Tampere, Akaa, Hämeenkyrö, Ikaalinen, Juupajoki, Kangasala, Kihniö, Lempäälä, Mänttä-Vilppula, Nokia, Orivesi, Parkano, Pirkkala, Punkalaidun, Pälkäne, Ruovesi, Sastamala, Urjala, Valkeakoski, Vesilahti, Virrat, Ylöjärvi
15. Pilot in the Pori area: Pori, Kokemäki, Ulvila
16. Pilot in Porvoo: Porvoo
17. Pilot in the Raahe area: Raahe, Pyhäjoki, Siikajoki
18. Pilot in Raseborg and Hanko: Raseborg, Hanko
19. Pilot in the Rovaniemi area: Rovaniemi, Tornio, Kemijärvi, Sodankylä
20. Pilot in the Salo area: Salo, Marttila, Koski Tl
21. Pilot in Savonlinna: Savonlinna
22. Pilot in Seinäjoki and Ilmajoki: Seinäjoki, Ilmajoki
23. Pilot in the Turku area: Turku, Laitila, Paimio, Sauvo, Uusikaupunki
24. Pilot in Vantaa and Kerava: Vantaa, Kerava
25. Pilot in the Ylivieska area: Ylivieska, Alavieska, Kalajoki, Merijärvi, Oulainen