Regional State Administrative Agency for Southwestern Finland
We cover the regions of Southwest Finland and Satakunta.
The Regional State Administrative Agency for Southwestern Finland also has jurisdiction over occupational safety and health in the Åland Islands. Our head office is in Turku, and we have branches in Pori and Mariehamn.
The Director-General of the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southwestern Finland is Mr Mikael Luukanen.
We employ a total of approximately 130 people in various locations.
The Division of Health and Social Services, Legality and Licensing of the Regional State
Administrative Agency for Southwestern Finland has national oversight in the following area:
- coordination of state aid towards development projects in the fields of social welfare and health care
- coordination of state aid towards emergency services
- internal audit of Regional State Administrative Agencies
- approximately 13.5% of all businesses in the country
Our national responsibilities
Our national duties include
- management of discretionary government transfers for social welfare and health care development projects
- management and enforcement of discretionary government transfers for emergency services
- internal audit of Regional State Administrative Agencies.
Read more about our responsibilities in the Divisions section.
Regional State Administrative Agency for Southwestern Finland – head office
Postal address: P.O. Box 4, 13035 AVI, Finland
Please send your letter to the P.O. Box of the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southwestern Finland (not the visiting address). Please address the letter only to the Regional State Administrative Agency (post with an official's name will cause delays in the processing of your matter).
Visiting address: Itsenäisyydenaukio 2, Turku
Telephone: +358 (0)29 501 8000
Fax: +358 (0)2 251 1820
Office hours: Monday–Friday, 8.00 am – 4.15 pm
- Administrative matters (e.g. enquiries, complaints, appeals): please contact our registry at [email protected] to submit official documents, have them entered into our case management system and find out about the competent authority in each case.
- Occupational Safety and Health: [email protected]
- Communications: [email protected]
Please only send documents containing confidential or otherwise sensitive information via secure email. The maximum size of email attachments is 20 MB. Larger files should be compressed or sent in multiple emails. Please remember that any information sent to us by email is at the sender’s risk.
Mariehamn office (Occupational Safety and Health)
Postal address: P.O. Box 9, 13035 AVI, Finland
Please send your letter to the P.O. Box of the Regional State Administrative Agency (not the visiting address). Please address the letter only to the Regional State Administrative Agency (post with an official's name will cause delays in the processing of your matter).
Visiting address: Torggatan 16, Mariehamn
Please make an appointment with the person you wish to see in advance.
Occupational Safety and Health
For the full contact details of occupational safety and health authorities, visit the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s website.
Our email format is [email protected] For general enquiries, please use our generic email addresses. Your email will then be forwarded to the competent person in our organisation.
Director-General Mikael Luukanen, tel. +358 (0)29 501 8092
Secretary to the Director-General, Planning Officer Pirjo Ojanen, tel. +358 (0)29 501 8052
- Director Raija Hurskainen, tel. +358 (0)29 501 8040
Health and Social Services, Legality and Licensing
- Director Heikki Mäki, tel. +358 (0)29 501 8094
- Head of Social Welfare and Health Care Anne Taulu, tel. +358 (0)295 018 084
- Head of Trade Enforcement Pepe Uskelin, tel. +358 (0)29 501 8124
- Head of Environmental Health Jani Soini, tel. +358 (0)29 501 8115
Education and Culture
- Director Esko Lukkarinen, tel. +358 (0)29 501 8089
- Head of Culture Lea Karjomaa, tel. +358 (0)29 501 8077
- Director Ilkka Horelli, tel. +358 (0)29 501 8061
Occupational Safety and Health
- Director Riitta Sulameri, tel. +358 (0)29 501 8168
- Head of Construction, Logistics and Maritime Transport Enforcement Anette Lehtonen, tel. +358 (0)29 501 8184
- Head of Service Sector Enforcement Jan Mikkonen, tel. +358 (0)29 501 8163
- Head of Immigration Control and Enforcement in the Åland Islands Anna Pärtty, tel. +358 (0)29 501 8173
- Head of Public Administration Enforcement Ulla Riikonen, tel. +358 (0)29 501 8174
- Head of Industrial Enforcement Tuija Vähänen-Koivuluoma, tel. +358 (0)29 501 8194
Head of Internal Audit Kristina Alakylä, tel. +358 (0)29 501 8135
- Regional Manager Mari Kaarnavaara-Puutio, tel. +358 (0)295 016 410
- [email protected]
You can use the personnel search to find the contact information of our staff.
We process e-invoices only and prefer e-invoices that are compliant with the European norm. Please send your invoices via the central government’s e-invoicing operator OpusCapita Group Ltd. Please include the business unit ID and your contact person’s name in your invoice. You can also upload supporting documents with your invoice. Our preferred file format for attachments is PDF.
EDI ID: 00371095237136201
Business ID: 1095237-1
VAT number: FI10952371
Operator ID (OpusCapita Solutions Oy): E204503
We will not accept invoices sent by post or e-mail, only e-invoices submitted using the e-invoicing system (Act 241/2019). Please ensure that your invoice meets the requirements of the VAT Act concerning the mandatory information content of an invoice. Any faulty or incomplete invoices are returned. If you do not have your own e-invoicing system, you can use the central government’s Basware Supplier Portal to draw up and send invoices. The service is currently provided free of charge.
The Finnish Government’s Shared Services Centre for Finance and HR (Palkeet) also answers questions relating to the use of the e-invoicing service. The telephone number is +358 (0)29 556 3700 and the email address is [email protected]