Animal welfare violations

If you suspect that an animal has been ill-treated or neglected, you can report it. Anyone can file an animal cruelty report.

The competent authority is your local veterinary enforcement officer. If no veterinary enforcement officer has been appointed in your area, you can report animal welfare violations to any local authority veterinary officer. The contact information of veterinary enforcement officers can usually be found on the website of your local authority’s environmental health department.

Many local authorities have pooled their environmental health resources and formed what are known as “co-management areas”, which means that your local veterinary enforcement officer may not be based in the local authority in which you live.

Animal Welfare

Topics that might interest you