You can contact us for any matters concerning the Romani. Our customers are our priority. Each Regional State Administrative Agency has a designated planner of Romani affairs, and you can find their contact details for example through the Registry office.
Regional State Administrative Agencies provide guidance, training and information on Romani affairs. The work is focused on working together with the stakeholders and networking between different authorities and Romani activists. Work is carried out together with partners such as the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health, the Working Group for Romani Education of the Finnish National Agency for Education, municipalities, Romani working groups and congregations. The Regional State Administrative Agencies also work closely with both national and regional Advisory Boards on Romani Affairs.
Regional Advisory Boards on Romani Affairs
The purpose of the Advisory Boards is to increase the opportunities of the Romani population to participate in civil society and to improve their housing conditions in cooperation with authorities and the Romani.
Finland has four Regional Advisory Boards on Romani Affairs:
- in the operating area of the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland
- in the operating area of the Regional State Administrative Agency for Eastern Finland
- in the operating areas of the Regional State Administrative Agencies for Northern Finland and Lapland
- in the operating area of the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southwestern Finland.
The duties of the Advisory Boards on Romani Affairs are:
- Monitoring the development of the opportunities for community involvement and the housing conditions of the Romani in order to promote equality. Advisory Boards also submit statements on these matters to authorities.
- Launching initiatives and proposals to improve the economic, educational, social and cultural conditions of the Romani and their access to employment.
- Promoting the elimination of discrimination against the Romani.
- Promoting Romani language and culture.
An Advisory Board may have a maximum of 14 members including the Chair and Deputy Chair. Half of the members of an Advisory Board must be Romani. Regional aspects are taken into consideration in the selection of members. The secretary of an Advisory Board is the planner of Romani affairs of a Regional State Administrative Agency.
Romani affairs concern several authorities. Due to this, it is important that the members of an Advisory Group represent all key partners: the Romani, social security experts, cultural and educational services, employment administration, congregations and experts in different fields as needed.
Members of an Advisory Board are appointed by the Regional State Administrative Agency for a three-year term.
Chair: Taito Lehmusta, Forssa
Vice-chair: Kristiina Poikajärvi, Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland
Secretary: Malla Laiti, Senior Planning Officer, Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland
Members and deputy members:
- Arja Kujala, Head of Welfare Services, City of Imatra
Deputy member: Sirkku Sarlomo, Development and Employment Coordinator
- Iiris Lehtonen, Citizen Services Director, City of Vantaa
Deputy member: Taina Saarenpää, Network Director
- Janita Nyman, Expert, Uusimaa TE Office
Deputy member: Tarja Hassinen, Service Manager
- Miska Nyman, National Roma Forum of Finland
Deputy member: Inga Angersaari, Board Member, National Roma Forum of Finland
- Jasmin Palm, Youth and Roma Work Coordinator, City of Helsinki
Deputy member: Tiina Larva, Development Planner
- Päivi Pitkänen, Senior Expert, City of Lahti
Deputy member: Pia Haverinen, Senior Expert
- Heli Ranta-Salonen, Director of Social Services, City of Lohja
Deputy member: Matti Hukkanen, Head of Youth Workshop
- Mertsi Tamminen, Länsi-Uudenmaan Romanit ry
Deputy member: Henry Jauhiainen
- Jasmin Valentin, Päijät-Hämeen Romaninuoret ry
- Leif Uuksulainen, Imatra
Deputy member: Harri Tuominen, Imatra
- Katja Valentin-Åkerlund, Lappeenranta
Chair: Irja Sokka, Senior Expert, ELY Centre for South Savo
Vice-chair: Seppo Hagert, Coordinator, Kuopio
Secretary: Helena Valentin, Planning Officer, Regional State Administrative Agency for Eastern Finland
- Marika Aho, Service Supervisor for Adult Social Work, South Savo Social and Health Care Authority
- Inga Angersaari, Project Manager, Tuumasta töihin project
- Henry Blomerus, Kiteen seudun romaniyhdistys ry
- Janne Blomerus, Rom-Mikkeli ry
- Ossi Blomerus, Savonlinnan seudun romanilähetys ry
- Virpi Eronen, Deputy Principal, Municipality of Liperi
- Kyösti Kauppinen, Member of the Iisalmi City Council
- Jasmin Nyman, Ylä-Savon romanit ry
- Aija Paakkunainen, Master of Theology, Evangelical Folk High School of Kitee
- Eveliina Pekkanen, Manager, Regional Development, South Savo Regional Council
Chair: Director-General, Regional State Administrative Agency for Southwestern Finland (vacant)
Vice-chair: Tuula Lindberg, Master of Arts
Secretary: Katja Ärling, Senior Planning Officer, Regional State Administrative Agency for Southwestern Finland
- Ritva Anttonen, Director, Adult Social Work and Empowering Services, City of Jyväskylä
- Emine Ehrstöm, Head of Integration and Youth Services, ELY Centre for Ostrobothnia
- Armas Hagert, Roma Working Group, City of Jyväskylä
- Eveliina Kiema-Majanen, Equality Coordinator, City of Tampere
- Nadja Lindgren-Blomerus,
- Bachelor of Social Services, Roma Working Group, City of Salo
- Tenho Lindström, School Assistant, Roma Working Group, City of Kokkola
- Leila Linnainmaa, Head of Child Welfare, City of Pori
- Esko Lukkarinen, Director, Division of Education and Culture, Regional State Administrative Agency for Southwestern Finland
- Paula Mäkiharju-Brander, Senior Officer, Regional State Administrative Agency for Western and Inland Finland
- Karita Palm, Children’s Instructor, Turun Seudun Romanit ry
- Pentti Silvennoinen, Roma Working Group, City of Jakobstad
- Keijo Svart, Child and Youth Special Needs Instructor, Roma Working Group, City of Tampere
- Arja-Liisa Tamminen, Senior Family Counsellor, City of Turku
- Arto Zitron, Diploma in Business and Administration, Property Manager IAT, entrepreneur, Turun seudun romanit ry
Chair: Jyri Ulvinen, Senior Officer, Division of Education and Culture, Regional State Administrative Agency for Northern Finland
Secretary: Henry Lindgren, Planning Officer, Regional State Administrative Agency for Northern Finland
- Hanna Määttä, Expert, ELY Centre for Northern Finland
- Sari Lahdenperä, Coordinator, Multicultural Youth Work, City of Oulu
- Senja Valentin, Service Instructor, Naisten kulma project, Oulu
- Katja Huusko-Ahlgren, Oulu
- Kalevi Långström, Ylivieska
- Pia Sipilä, Social Worker, Kallio Joint Municipal Authority for Basic Health and Social Services, City of Ylivieska
- Mika Åkerlund, Caretaker, Kallio Joint Municipal Authority for Basic Health and Social Services, City of Ylivieska
- Jenni Kettunen, Language and Culture Coordinator, City of Kajaani
- Ramona Grönstrand, Roma Working Group, City of Kajaani
- Rickhard Långström, Roma Working Group, City of Kajaani
- Leif Flink, Sodankylä
- Kimmo Tuunala, Head of School Development, City of Rovaniemi