Regional State Administrative Agency is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with Act on the provision of digital services 306/2019.
This accessibility statement applies to Avi.fi.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible because it is not compliant with the Act on the provision of digital services 306/2019.
Menus and navigation elements
- There are programmatical issues with main menu and language selection that may make perceiving and using them with a screen reader more difficult. (WCAG 1.3.1)
- The mobile version of the main menu does not work well with all screen reader -browser combinations. (WCAG 4.1.1)
- Many of the external links state that they open in a new tab even though they open in the same tab. (WCAG 2.4.4.)
- The implementation of external links has resulted in a bug that they are sometimes not read right with a screen reader and cannot be used with speech recognition software properly. Problems can arise especially with the Mozilla Firefox browser. (WCAG 2.4.4, 2.5.3)
- There are a couple of instances where HTML headings are not used properly. WCAG (1.3.1)
Content production and images
- On some pages there may be instructions based on visual location on the web page. (WCAG 1.3.3.)
- Some images are missing an alternative text. (WCAG 1.1.1)
- There are images where colour is used as the only way to distinguish information (WCAG 1.4.1, page not available in English)
- There are several accessibility issues with the search page:
- A table format is used even though the information does not require a table. (WCAG 1.3.1).
- The search page is missing a main H1-heading. (WCAG 1.3.1)
- The skip link works erroneously so that user skips directly to the footer and the search is emptied.
- The pagination element on the search page cannot be used with only keyboard and is hard to understand when using a screen reader because of the programmatical markup. (1.3.1, 2.1.1, 4.1.2)
Feedback (not available in English)
- In the feedback form there is a separate accessibility mode.
- Changing between languages (Finnish and Swedish) can be challenging with keyboard (WCAG 3.2.2)
- The question with the radio buttons is not read when user navigates with tab key. (WCAG 1.3.1)
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 7th October 2020.
It is based on an assessment carried out by a third-party evaluation of the website's compliance with the requirements of Directive (EU) 2016/2102.
This statement was last reviewed on 1st December 2020.
Feedback and contact information
Did you notice an accessibility issue on our website? Please send us an email to viestintä@avi.fi and tell us about it and we'll do our best to fix it.
If you notice any accessibility issues on the site, please first send feedback to us, i.e. the site administrator. It may take us up to 14 days to reply. If you are not satisfied with the reply or do not receive a reply at all within two weeks, you can notify the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland.
Contact information of the regulatory authority
Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland (Etelä-Suomen aluehallintovirasto)
Accessibility control unit (Saavutettavuuden valvonnan yksikkö)
Telephone switchboard 0295 016 000