Private veterinary medical care

You need to register with the competent Regional State Administrative Agency before you can provide private veterinary medical care services. We will enter your information into the Finnish Food Authority’s database of private veterinary care providers.

We also act as the enforcement authority for private veterinary care provision either independently or as instructed by the Finnish Food Authority. 

We can, for example, carry out inspections on private veterinary care providers’ premises. Our inspections cover

  • equipment,
  • bookkeeping,
  • patient records, and
  • other documents relating to veterinary care provision.

Instructions for registering as a private veterinary care provider

Links to legal texts