Reporting rescue service failings
The regional state administrative agencies maintain oversight of rescue services and the provision of rescue services in the wellbeing services county.
The wellbeing services county is responsible for organising rescue services. In practice, the rescue department is responsible for rescue services tasks in the wellbeing services counties.
Rescue authorities of a wellbeing services county include
- supreme authority of the rescue department
- officials appointed by the supreme authority of the rescue department
- the relevant multi-member body in the wellbeing services county.
You can submit an administrative complaint to the Regional State Administrative Agency on rescue services when
- your matter concerns the tasks laid down in the Rescue Act
- an authority, an employee of an authority or a person performing a public administrative task has acted unlawfully or failed to fulfil their obligations.
Please note that at the Regional State Administrative Agency we do not supervise the operations of the Emergency Response Centres.
Please visit the website of the Emergency Response Centre Agency for instructions on how to file a complaint on the operations of an Emergency Response Centre.
To learn more about filing a complaint, please visit our website